June 13, 2019

PowerEdge R740 iDRAC 9 Email Notification: RAC0225: Sending the test mail failed.

I have been trying to configure the email settings in iDRAC 9 Enterprise,I keep getting the following message:

RAC0225: Sending the test mail failed.



I messed with various settings and tried to find a way to ping a name from the iDRAC

In the end, I found that the solution that seems pretty random to me.

1. On the iDRAC web interface, navigate to  iDRAC Settings >Overview > Config Network Setting

2. Common Settings section, you HAVE to set a Static DNS Domain Name in the iDRAC network settings. And by setting ANY Static DNS Domain Name.Yes, that’s right. I actually put domains.google.com in there and suddenly my alert emails work like a charm.


Done!

1 comment:

  1. it doesn't work for me. I only see this and i found no other reasons

    ReplyDelete